Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another game changing tidbit from someone a lot smarter than me.



Continuing my quest to change the way I do business and consequently change the way I live my life, I have been engrossing myself into Michael Gerber's book E-Myth Mastery. I'm almost through it for the second time and although much of it is from the shelves of "good ol" common sense, there is something remarkably fresh and penetrating to the way the concepts are presented and hammered home. I feel myself having my toes stepped on "hard" and my cheeks smacked around like I've been a kid holding onto my childish ways.

I found this clip on YouTube along with lot's of other material by Michael, and most of it is priceless advise. The E-Myth concept is that most business owners are simply technicians experiencing an entrepreneurial seizure. And, the painful reality is that most of us continue on with the technician's mentality until quiet desperation becomes a way of life.

I'm trying to get my arms around these concepts, leadership principles, and successful life plans, but it's slow. Yesterday, he expounded on the opinions that our life is going to continue, nothing more than what we have been used to producing in the past. And the question becomes, if that's the case, how can you ever change. Well, you've got to want it. Bad! That's what I'm in the process of changing right now as we speak. Let me know what's working for you, I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment